Monday, June 8, 2009

Starting Weigh-in

In the past when I have started hard-core training I have always thought I would just automatically lose a ton of weight. Unfortunately that has never been the case. Since my last race, I have gained about 10 pounds. I don't really show it in appearance, but I definitely feel it while running. While dropping the pounds is not the primary focus of my training, I am hoping that it might happen. I would like to lose 12-15lbs over the course of the next few months. I am not going to officially diet, but I will try to watch what I eat and I am not going to fall into the trap of "oh I ran 15 miles today so I can eat that box of cookies" To keep myself accountable and track how this training changes my body shape I will be doing a weigh-in every Thursday. I will post my current weight and body measurements. Here are my starting figures:

Weight: 167 lbs (in case you didn't know I'm 5'8")
Waist: 32"
Hips: 38"
Thigh: 26"
Bust: 37.5"
Arm: 12"
Body fat: 32%

Hopefully I will start to see some changes quickly because that always motivates me.

P.S. I want to stress the following: I am not fat, nor do I think I am fat. I simply want to lose a few pounds to help my running and to feel more comfortable in my clothes. I carry most of my weight in the hips and thighs and this does make it hard to find clothes that fit.

1 comment:

  1. I've always thought, and still think that you have a really healthy body image. Your sister and mom too. You're lucky to have good genes and come from a family where health and fitness are just a part of everyday life.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete