Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Week Four Wrap Up

I had the most glorious long run on Sunday! Jim and I went to San Francisco for the 4th of July weekend. Training can be tricky while on vacation, but Jim was kind enough to book a hotel that was right on the Embarcadero. He figured it would make it easier for me to get my hour and forty-five minute run in on Sunday. After waking up, I stepped out the door and off I went. The temperature was in the high fifties, foggy and misty. There was a head wind, but it wasn't strong enough to hinder my pace. I ran out towards Pier 39 and Fisherman's Wharf, past the Exploratorium and basically to the base of the Golden Gate bridge. I took my camera with me so I could capture the beauty of my run.


I took this picture at about mile 4. I'm sure all the other people thought I looked ridiculous taking pictures while I was running, but I didn't care. Most of the run was flat, at one point I did have to climb a fairly steep hill to get to Fort Mason. The effort was worth it though, because I was rewarded with this view of the Golden Gate:

I ended up running 10.6 miles that day in 1:45. I felt like I could run forever. Of course I felt tired at the end, but I wasn't dying like I was last week. These are the runs that renew your desire to keep up with training. I know the weather, and the easy terrain played big roles in the success of this run, but it was also my attitude that attributed to the ease of it. I was so excited to do my run along the bay so it was something I was looking forward to instead of dreading. I took a picture of my self at the end of my run too. I was happy to be done and very pleased with my accomplishment!

Here is the wrap up for the week:
Planned: 25.5 miles
Actual: 25.92 miles
Average Pace: 10:16
Calories Burned: 3267
I'm pleased that I still exceeded my planned miles despite the fact that I took an extra day off this week. I am still waiting for my blister to fully heal. It's better then it was, but no where near fully healed.

No comments:

Post a Comment